The Maple Heights Small Business Partnership Program offers qualifying small businesses with a 15% performance grant which will supplement their own equity contribution of 10% to a project. This program is a public private partnership between the City of Maple Heights, Cuyahoga County Department of Development and the Small Business Administration. Project funding consists of an SBA Loan from a Participating Lender, performance grant from the City of Maple Heights and owner equity. The maximum performance grant is $50,000, but no greater than 15% of a project’s total cost. Applications will be accepted until all performance grant funds have been allocated. Payments are made once the participating small business meets requirements including, but not limited to, the following:
- Owner Equity of at least 10%
- Technical Assistance from a Small Business Development Center
- SBA Loan covering 65-75% of project
- Use must fall under one of the following: retail, restaurant, small office, manufacturing or professional services.
- Forgivable loans may be used for property acquisition, new construction, machinery and equipment purchase and exterior and interior renovation.
- Matching Grants may only be used for façade improvements and signage.
- One (1) full time job must be created
- Required reporting of job creation
- Interested businesses should contact the Economic Development Department to begin the intake process.
- The City will review the project for eligibility.
- Following review, qualifying businesses will be issued a Letter of Commitment, which will also be provided to the SBA, the Technical Assistance (TA) provider, one or more Participating Banks and the Hebrew Free Loan Association (HFLA, if this option is being used. The letter will include conditions that are required to be met prior to disbursement of funds.
- Borrower may select any of the Participating Lenders to obtain approval for their SBA Loan.
- The applicant will be referred to a Small Business Development Center (SBDC) for the required technical assistance, business plan support, and counseling.
- Upon SBA loan approval and satisfactory completion of technical assistance from a Small Business Development Center, the SBA Loan, Performance Grant, and the HFLA loan are to be distributed at the same time.
Program Forms and Documents
Contact the Department of Development. We will give you essential program information and help you determine if the Maple Heights Small Business Partnership Program is right for your startup or expansion.
Economic Development Director